Glitter

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wow....it has been over a year since my last post. I missed 2012 all together. I need to get better at blogging again.

We said goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013! Twenty thirteen has been good to us so far. Not too many bumps in the road. We brought in the New Year with my nephew Dustin, my sister's son. I think he had a good time staying with us for a few days. We sure enjoyed him.

The boys had a great Spring break week. They got to go camp out at Mexico Beach, Florida with Grandmomma and Granddaddy, Jonathan and Caleb and their daddy and little brother Michael. They had a camper full! But they all had fun.


In April we went to a Braves game. This was the first Braves game the boys have ever been too. They got Braves hats and Chris got a foam Tomahawk. We went with Tim. This was a big day because the boys were meeting Tim for the first time and I was meeting his kids for the first time. We had a really good time.
 
And this is Tim!
 


School is now out for summer!!! The boys are so excited and happy to have a break. We got the pool open and it is now ready for them to jump in! We took a trip to Cheaha Memorial Day weekend. This is one of their favorite places to go. Alex loves to run and jump and climb on all the rocks. He scares me to death doing that too. I can't wait to take them back soon.

Yes, he makes me happy!!!!!

Oh, Alex has finally alittle at a time getting his braces. It will be a slow go because 2 of his teeth need to be pulled down. But here is the beginning of the process.
He is so excited that he has something to show!!!! The 2 teeth have moved down some. We went back yesterday and he got new bands. Green this time. We will go back in a month.

This past weekend (6/8/13) Tim and I took a day trip to Chattanooga, TN. We rode the train to Chickamauga, GA. We got off and ate at this little BBQ place. It was really good too! The town reminded me of Mayberry from the Andy Griffith show. We went into the little shops and looked around. We went into the little Chocolate place they had (you all know I couldn't pass up going in there) and I could have tried everything they had. I got the chocolate cobbler and Tim got the Mississippi Mud brownie. That thing was huge and oh so good!!! We boarded the train and stopped at the Battle Field of Chickamauga. We climbed I don't remember how many stairs to get to the top of the tower. But it was worth it. Our legs are still sore and it's Tuesday! We got back to Chattanooga and drove over to the Choo Choo. We walked downtown and ate at Sticky Fingers. I have never been there and it was very good. We then walked back down Broad Street just enjoying one another's company and talking. It was a beautiful day and we both had an amazing time together! God has truly blessed me. I don't know what I did right but I sure am glad I did it!!!!


On the train to Chickamauga, GA.

On top of the tower! Whew....that was a workout!

Awww.....love this picture!

Yes, he climbed on the horse! All I said was don't fall!!!! We had fun on our first day trip together. I can't wait for another one! Until the next blog (I promise it won't be a year and a half).....I hope everyone enjoys summertime!


 

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this blog post! Please do keep blogging!!! All the pictures are great, and I love seeing you looking so happy!!! I must say that seeing the pictures of your boys makes me feel so old! They are so grown now! I remember us going to Logan's for Chris' birthday (was it his 3rd) and having them sing to him! I love you friend, and if you keep blogging, I will keep reading:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet friend! You inspired me to blog instead of Facebook. This is more personal with just those close friends. Yes, I remember that and they made him stand up and we thought Patrick would bolt on us but he didn't. That was so much fun. I love you too and miss you like crazy BUT I will plan a trip to visit if that is ok.

      Delete

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of two wonderful boys, Alex and Chris. They keep me busy but I love it. I love to hang out with my boys! There really isn't much to say about me...I am just me!!